Com Cal, 5.17
* Elks's Lodge No. 691, 1509 Union St., Brunswick, will host a fish fry from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. The dinner dance will begin at 6:30 p.m. with the dance following at 8 p.m. Admission is $7 and $5 for Elks members.
Saturday, May 18
* Glynn County Animal Services will have its donation drive at Pet Supplies Plus, 211 Golden Isles Plaza, Glynn County, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Towels, dog beds and all other types of pet food and cleaning supplies are needed.
Tuesday, May 21
* Brunswick-Glynn County Library, 208 Gloucester St., Brunswick, will have its "Dig into Reading" story time, a summer reading program, at 10:30 a.m. for preschoolers and young home-schooled children with a small craft project. Students are encouraged to pick up their summer reading materials and event calendars at the program.
* Dr. Kimberly Stoughton-Doherty, pediatrician with Southeast Georgia Physician Associates-Camden Pediatrics, will present the program, "Mommy 911: When to Call the Doctor" from 6 to 7 p.m. in the cafeteria conference room at the Southeast Georgia Health System Camden Campus, 2000 Dan Proctor Drive, St. Marys. Reservations are required. Details: 800-537-5142, ext. 5770.
* Totally Free Inc. CDC will host the workshop, ABC's of business ownership at 6 p.m. at Palm Place Towers, 3441 Cypress Mill Road Ste. 201. The event is free and open to the public, but reservations are required. Details: 265-1515.
Wednesday, May 22
* Brunswick-Glynn County Library, 208 Gloucester St., Brunswick, will host the Golden Isles book discussion group at 10:30 a.m. For book titles: 580-4320.
* Ida Hilton Public Library, 1105 Northway, Darien, will have a "Plants a Seed" story time at 10:30 a.m. for preschoolers and younger home-schooled children. The event will include a craft project creating a garden spike and planting a seed. Details: 437-2124.
Thursday, May 23
* Hofwyl Plantation, 5556 U.S. Hwy 17 North, Brunswick, will host a community meeting at 6 p.m. to discuss the future of the state park. Details: 264-7333.
Friday, May 24
* Ida Hilton Public Library, 1105 Northway, Darien, will have a kick-off summer reading program at 2 p.m. for preschoolers to high schoolers. Ronald McDonald will be at the event. Students are encouraged to pick up their summer reading materials and event calendars at the program. Details: 437-2124.
Saturday, May 25
* Glynn County Animal Services will be holding a mobile adoption event from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Pet Supplies Plus, 211 Golden Isles Plaza, Brunswick. Details: 554-7500.