Coastal Scene Calendar, 12.07
* The International Association of the College of Coastal Georgia will present the Global Film Series "Joyeux Noel" at 3:30 p.m. in the Stembler Theatre in Campus Center in Brunswick. This 2005 French film tells the true story of Christmas Eve and Day 1914 on the front lines of World War I when German, British, French and Belgian troops called a temporary truce to celebrate the holiday. Tickets are $5 for non-students. The series is open to the public.
* Brantley County Library, 133 East Cleveland St., Nahunta, will host author Wayne Morgan from 2 to 5 p.m. His books, "Kase For the Environment" and "Satilla Solitude" can be purchased and autographed at the event.
* Golden Isles Arts and Humanities Association will hold an opening reception from 5 to 8 p.m. at the Ritz Theatre, 1530 Newcastle St., Brunswick, for the annual Glynn County Student Art Show. It will showcase works in all media by local kindergarten to 12th-grade students. Details: 262-6934.
* 28th Annual Tour of Homes, "A Sea Island Christmas," hosted by Cassina Garden Club, will be held from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. beginning at the Cassina Slave Cabins at Gascoigne Bluff on St. Simons Island. The tour includes five Sea Island homes with transportation leaving from the cabins. Tickets for the tour are $45 in advance or $50 the day of the tour. Advance tickets may be purchased at ACE Garden Center, G.J. Ford Bookshop, Pat's Hallmark and St. Simons Drug, all on St. Simons Island. They will also be available at Hattie's Books and Pat's Hallmark in Glynn Place Mall, both in Brunwick. Tickets may also be purchased from www.cassinagardenclub.org.
* CASA Jingle All The Way 5K Run/Walk begins at 9 a.m., and a 1-Mile Fun Run follows at 10 a.m. It is a fundraiser event for CASA Glynn, which serves and advocates for children in Glynn County who are removed from their homes either due to abuse or neglect. Details: www.casajinglealltheway5K.com.
* Third Annual Golden Isles Christmas Boat Parade of Lights will begin at 6 p.m. at Brunswick Landing Marina in downtown Brunwick. The parade will travel toward the Sidney Lanier Bridge and back. Recognition will be given to the winners. Details: contact Leslie Hamrick by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 404-877-2820.
* Fort King George, 302 McIntosh Road, Darien, will host its Christmas Dinner with the Garrison from 7 to 8:30 p.m. The meal is served by candlelight in the fort's building. Entertainment will consist of caroling, live hammered dulcimer music, as well as the firing of the Christmas guns. The cost is $35 per plate. Details: 437-4770.
* Glynn Academy, 1001 Mansfield St., Brunswick, will host Coastal Georgia Athletics Showcase Competition Cheer from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. in the gym. Tickets are $5 and can be purchased from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. at Paramount Printing on Gloucester Street next to the library, from 6 to 7 p.m. at the Glynn Academy gym, or from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Canopy Asset Management on St. Simons Island.
* College of Coastal Georgia, 3700 Altama Ave., Brunswick, will host The Ossia Chamber Ensemble of New York City and Maestro Luis Haza at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $100 and are tax deductible. A cocktail buffet will be included. Details: 279-4535.
* The Vocal Arts Co. Show Choir will present "An Extraordinary Merry Christmas" at 8 p.m. at the Ritz Theatre in Brunswick.
Tickets are $10 and can be purchased at the door.
* Golden Isles Arts & Humanities will present the Young Actors Ensemble's version of "A Christmas Carol" with shows at 4 and 7 p.m. at the Historic Ritz Theatre, 1530 Newcastle St., Brunswick. Tickets are $10 for adults and seniors and $5 for 18 and under. Details: 262-6934.
* John Lennon Tribute Show featuring local band Soul Gravy will be held at 8:30 p.m. at Palm Coast Coffee on St. Simons Island. Songs and work from the late musician will be performed on the anniversary of his death. It is free and open to the public.
* Coastal Youth Symphony will have its winter concert at 3 p.m. in the Glynn Academy Memorial Auditorium, 1001 Mansfield St., Brunswick. The concert will include the works of Mendelssohn, Dvorak, Tchaikovsky, Mahler, and Beethoven. Tickets are $5 for adults and $3 ages 12 and under. Details: 399-0436 or coastalsymphonyofgeorgia.org.
Dec. 14 to Dec. 22
* Golden Isles Arts & Humanities will present the Ritz Radio Theatre production of "It's a Wonderful Life" at 8 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays and 3 p.m. on Sundays at the Historic Ritz Theatre, 1530 Newcastle St., Brunswick.
The cost for adults is between $15 and $25, seniors $10 and $20. For those 18 and under, the cost is $5. Details: 262-6934.
* Michael Hulett, 6 p.m., the Corner Cafe, Brunswick.
* DJ Wayne Bennett, 7 p.m., Ziggy Mahoney's, St. Simons Island.
* Tony Adams and Leo Dean, 8 p.m., Bennie's Red Barn, St. Simons Island.
* WharfRatz, 7 p.m., Sea Jay's, Jekyll Island.
* Hugo Duarte, 8 p.m., the Village Inn and Pub, St. Simons Island.
* Sundown, 9 p.m., WeePub, St. Marys.
* Pier Pressure, 5 p.m., Tipsy McSway, Brunswick.
* Suzie Betts, 7 p.m., Tipsy McSway, Brunswick.
* Ambrosius, 9 p.m., Tipsy McSway, Brunswick.
* Leo Dean, 6 p.m., Emerald Princess Casino, Gisco Point, Brunswick.
* Backbeat Boulevard, 7 p.m., Zachry's Seafood, Brunswick.
* Lee O'Neal, 7 p.m., Sea Jays, Jekyll Island.
* Ric Minnix, 8 p.m., Sand Bar and Grill, Jekyll Island.
* Three of Us, 8:30 p.m., Ziggy Mahoney's, St. Simons Island.
* The Not Brothers, 8:30 p.m., Village Inn and Pub, St. Simons Island.
* Soul Gravy, 9 p.m., Locos Grill and Pub, St. Simons Island.
* Ric Minnix, 6 p.m., Fins, Jekyll Island.
* Pier Pressure, 6:30 p.m., Captain Stan's Smokehouse, Woodbine.
* Eddie Pickett, 7 p.m., Sea Jay's, Jekyll Island.
* Keenan Carter, 8 p.m., Ziggy Mahoney's, St. Simons Island.
* Kellie Parr, 8 p.m, Tipsy McSways, Brunswick.
* Job Meiller, 8:30 p.m., the Village Inn and Pub, St. Simons Island.
* Backbeat Boulevard, 10 p.m., Murphy's, St. Simons Island.
* Leo Dean, 1 p.m., Emerald Princess Casino, Gisco Point, Brunswick.
* Backbeat Boulevard, 8 p.m., Locos Grill and Pub, St. Simons Island.
* Anthony Stubelek hosts Open Mic Night, 8:30 p.m., Palm Coast, St. Simons Island.
* Live music and Bike Night, 7 p.m., Captain Stan's, Woodbine.
* Pate Hall hosts Trivia, 9 p.m., Locos Grill and Pub, St. Simons Island.
* Trivia, 9 p.m., Gnat's Landing, St. Simons Island.
* Sundown, 9 p.m., Wee Pub, Brunswick.
* Karaoke, 9:30 p.m., J's British Pub, St. Marys.
* Trivia, 7 p.m., Tipsy McSway's, Brunswick.
* Karaoke with DJ Reen, 8 p.m., Captain Stan's, Woodbine.
* Glynn Art Association, 529 Beachview Drive, St. Simons Island, will showcase Petit Dimension, a small art works show. The gallery is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesdays through Saturdays. The show will be available through Dec. 29. Details: 638-8770.
* Left Bank Art Gallery, 3600 Frederica Road, St. Simons Island, will feature its Annual Little Picture Show and new work by Glenda Cason, including holiday card sets, until Dec. 31. The gallery hours are from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesdays through Saturdays. Details: 638-3017.