Crime Scene, 11.17
Among reports filed with police:
* 500 block of Mall Blvd., Glynn County: A woman reported someone stole her purse Thursday. She said she went to the restroom in a store. While she was in the restroom, she left her purse on the counter outside the stall. When she exited the stall, the purse was missing. It contained jewelry, a wallet and $30 in cash. It was valued at $15.
* 4400 block of Glynco Parkway, Glynn County: A woman reported someone entered her room and stole her cell phone Thursday. She said she left the room to do laundry, and when she returned, the phone was gone. She left the door unlocked. The phone was valued at $80.
* Walmart at 150 Altama Connector, Glynn County: A man reported a male suspect shoplifted from the store Thursday. He fled the scene in a vehicle. The responding officer observed the vehicle on Spur 25 and conducted a traffic stop. The merchandise was inside the suspect's vehicle, and he could not produce a receipt. He was arrested for shoplifting.
* Home Depot at 200 Altama Connector, Glynn County: A man reported a male suspect stole merchandise from the store and attempted to return them for cash Thursday. He said the man took a can of paint and a range hood. Video surveillance showed the suspect enter the store without the items and later approach the customer service desk to return the items. He was arrested and charged with shoplifting.
* 100 block of Windsor Circle, Glynn County: A man reported someone stole a refrigerator and a stove from a residence Thursday. Entry was gained through a window. The property was valued at $800.
- Nick Nichols
The Brunswick News