Crime Scene, 7.09
Among reports filed with police:
* Walmart at 150 Altama Connector, Glynn County: A male suspect was arrested for shoplifting Sunday. The complainant reported the suspect put a TV in a shopping cart and attempted to leave the store. He was detained and later arrested.
* 400 block of Beach Club Drive, St. Simons Island: A woman reported someone stole a tablet computer from a booth at the location Sunday. She said she was at the location working when she noticed the computer wasn't there. It belonged to her employer.
* 1100 block of Grand View, Drive, St. Simons Island: A man reported someone entered his vehicle and stole tools Sunday. He noticed the vehicle's doors were unlocked, and the contents of the vehicle had been rummaged through. When he attempted to start the vehicle, he couldn't fully insert his key into the ignition. The tip of a knife had been broken off inside. He said the vehicle contained golf clubs and other valuable items that weren't stolen. The stolen tools were valued at $25.
* 100 block of Twelfth Street, St. Simons Island: A woman told police a male suspect entered her vehicle in an attempted theft Sunday. She witnessed the suspect approach and enter the vehicle. She began yelling and ran toward the vehicle. The suspect dropped the CDs he was holding and entered his own vehicle fleeing the scene. She said a female was also inside the suspect's vehicle. The responding officer determined the suspect's name but was unable to locate the vehicle or suspect.
* Family Dollar at 2360 Perry Lane Road, Glynn County: A woman reported a female suspect shoplifted from the store Sunday. She said the suspect entered the store with an empty purse, and when the suspect left, the purse was full. The complainant followed the suspect to her vehicle and told her to return the merchandise. The suspect told her she already put the merchandise back. She fled the scene in a vehicle.
Problem with persons
* 1100 block of Lake Drive, Glynn County: A man reported a female suspect attempted to strike him Sunday. The suspect was arrested and charged with simple assault.
The Brunswick News