Crime Scene, 8.11
Among reports filed with police:
* 1000 block of Old Jesup Road, Glynn County: A man reported someone struck him with a board Thursday. He said his roommate struck him on the arm with a piece of lumber after accusing him of stealing a vehicle and owing rent money. The suspect told the officer the complainant did owe him money and that he had stolen the vehicle, but he said he had not hit the complainant with anything. No arrests were made.
* 200 block of King Cotton Road, Glynn County: A woman reported someone stole jewelry from her bedroom Thursday. She said three necklaces, a bracelet and a wedding band set were missing. She suspected a friend of stealing the jewelry. The suspect told the officer she did not steal the jewelry. It was valued at $2,500.
* Hornet Drive, Glynn County: A woman reported someone stole an air conditioner from a residence Thursday. She said the house was for sale, and when the house was last shown, the air conditioner was there. It was valued at $3,000.
* Wal-Mart at 150 Altama Connector, Glynn County: A man told police two female suspects shoplifted from the store Thursday. He said they concealed food items, three DVDs and a cell phone. They made it look like they paid for the items, but they did not. When they left the store, they were arrested.
* Sears at 300 Mall Blvd., Glynn County: A woman reported a male suspect shoplifted from the store Thursday. She said he put three shirts in a bag and attempted to leave the store. He was arrested.
* 300 block of Oyster Road, Glynn County: A woman reported someone stole two boat propellers from her property Thursday. A metal company told the responding officer someone sold one of the propellers as scrap that day. They were valued at $2,000.
- Nick Nichols
The Brunswick News